Hurray!! You can now enjoy a fully funded Scholarship of Room and board scholarship at the University of California, U.S.A.
Students who have been looking for a funded scholarship to study for a degree in the USA can now apply for the Room and board scholarship at the University of California, U.S.A.
The school announced the commencement of the scholarship application for qualified international students to start applying for the scholarship.
The Room and Board scholarship at the University of California is aimed at offering UC Berkeley students who have a financial constraint in furthering their education an opportunity to experience firsthand culture from all over the world and also to enable the national students to learn about the ethnic and economic diversity in the USA as I-House residents.
About the University of California
The history of the University of California, Berkeley begins on October 13, 1849, with the adoption of the Constitution of California, which provided for the creation of a public university. On Charter Day, March 23, 1868, the signing of the Organic Act established the University of California, with the new institution inheriting the land and facilities of the private College of California and therefore the federal funding eligibility of a public agricultural, mining, and mechanical arts college.
The University of California-Berkeley is a public research university in Berkeley California. It was established in 1868 and is the first land grant in the state and also the first Campus of the California system. It has 14 colleges and schools and offers over 350 degree programs. It has 31,800 undergraduate and 13,200 graduate students. The University of California ranked among the world’s top universities.
Summary of the scholarship
Room and board scholarship at the University of California, U.S.A. aims to help deserving students to reside at International House. This is a result of the donations of many generous alumni and friends to the International House, and partial room and board scholarships to these students.
I-House hopes to impact the World by producing global citizens equipped with excellent leadership skills and cultural expertise. If I had to fulfil this mission they are state students from diverse national and social economic background process to access the I-House experience.
Applicants must be full-time, upper division (undergraduate junior or senior) or graduate students who have been accepted and registered into degree-seeking programs at U.C Berkeley.
- Exchange, extension, summer, and visiting students are not eligible.
- Applicants must have demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants of Room and board scholarships must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants of the Room and board scholarship must provide a confirmed room reservation for the semester or academic year for which they are applying. (Double occupation of rooms for undergraduates, or low-price single or regular single for graduate students).
- Large or premium room contracts are not eligible for I-HOUSE financial aid awards.
- UC Berkeley students with enough units to qualify at the sophomore level are welcome to apply for housing and financial aid.
- Completion and submission of all steps of the application, including supporting documentation are required.
- Stage 1: Fill in and submit the Financial Aid Application Registration Form.
- Stage 2: Download the Student Budget Form (PDF file) and rename it with your last and first name. Fill in all required fields in the downloaded document.
- Stage 3: Send all above documents via one email to the scholarship team at [email protected](link sends e-mail)
- Stage two completed budget form
- Personal Statement of at least 500 words or less, along with a 150-word summary of key points for the committee in one text or Word document, saved by your last, first name.
- Unofficial transcript showing your GPA
- For U.S. or Permanent Residents, include your FAFSA form (allow three days to receive it)
Application Deadline: November 15th, 2022
CLICK HERE TO APPLY